Monday, March 2, 2009

Shostak Vocabularyangelfire




After hours of waiting at a crossing desolate, lost nothing in the steppe Nuoro, I signal via radio to wear the mask because there was barely a minute. The low sun seemed to be waiting for the show too. Wear protection to the face I gave one last look, I turned around trying to cover his eyes across the plains, there was not a living soul. On the morning of the range rover on board had stopped in all huts of the shepherds. I never imagined that a jeep that size could pass between the rocks, fords and trails. All the pastors welcomed the conviction as we believe that by now were resigned. The fierce look had to succumb to the reasons was that they had made of those lands, already perceived as very generous, the landfill forces armed. Often we come across young people, young pastors. The memory I have of them may seem stereotyped, but the humility of the United State Sardinian pride makes them real, respectable, yet masters of the human condition.
began the countdown, from that moment I stared at his eyes towards the hill where they had covered up tons of explosive material expired. From dynamite packed after the end of World War I ordnance unused during the Second World War. Years and years of potential destruction had been left in the dust of half of Italy and today would be dismissed in all their tragic glory. Three, two, one ... a mushroom of dust rose hundreds of feet high. There were moments of absolute silence, the roar of the explosion traveled quickly on the wires Derbi. A ring of wind and thunder swelled up to overwhelm them. I fell to the ground hitting her bottom with a smile of wonder. It was an unimaginable sight but I had to rush from store memories. I noticed that the column of smoke and earth was heading towards me blown by the wind. Suddenly I found myself as a desperate escape and how desperate I had not thought about my little chance of escape. The darkness lasted a few seconds, then a pale light me back to reality. As a survivor I found myself alone. I was covered with earth from head to toe and the silence around me. The explosion had its victims, along the road lay dozens of dead birds and one small part of the child I was.

0 comments:

Post a Comment